Tag Duels

Making Tag Duels easier to happen

Right now, at the state of YGO Omega(21/04/2022), tag duels are unsearchable and practically unaccessable. The only way to do it, is with friends, giving them the room code.

I don’t see a problem with the room code system, but it made that you can’t search duels by type, meaning tags become unaccessable. I see that you guys are trying to make the most of Discord, but most people are not using the desktop version. In fact, everyone I know uses Discord Web as their main chat. Because of that, we lose some things(which is not a problem), but the most important is the quick access to other people’s duel, which is only done with Desktop Discord. The old search engine solved that problem, by doing a quick search of the other duelist room. For tags, it was even easier, since it had the Tag duel tag.

Since the old search bar is gone, tag duels for people using Discord Web are unviable and I’ve never seen any tag duels on the panel(unless it’s private).

Tag duels are a big part of yugioh, they are fun, make people play different decks, random different strategies, double decking and other stuff. But the unaccessability of tag duels in YGO Omega makes it hard to be played, in comparison to other platforms.

Thanks for reading, Sun :smiley:

Hi there,

You can’t find tag duels in the lobby because no one is hosting any. We already sorted the lobby so that the green games are the Open games that you can join. That means even if there are a 100 pages in the lobby, the first page will ALWAYS show ANY Open Tag Duels because they are sorted to show Open Tag Duels first, then Matches, and then Singles.

1. Open Games (GREEN)
    a. Tag
    b. Relay
    c. Match
    d. Single
  2. Active Games (BLUE)
    a. Tournament
    b. Ranked.
    c. Tag
    d. Relay
    e. Match
    f. Single

This is the order. That means you will see Tags first. No matter what you believe, Tag Duels are rarer and harder to get more people to join. You are used to edopro lobby (I created that lobby). The reason why tags are more popular is simply because we have played tags on ygopro for last 10 years.

You can’t find tag duels in the lobby because no one is hosting any. We already sorted the lobby so that the green games are the Open games that you can join. That means even if there are a 100 pages in the lobby, the first page will ALWAYS show ANY Open Tag Duels because they are sorted to show Open Tag Duels first, then Matches, and then Singles.

I’ve actually tried opening 2 tabs and hosting a tag game and it doesn’t appear on the list.

But working or not, tags could be more easy to duel or find? Like, adding Tag in the quick search, since TCG/OCG is basically “the same”(not totally, banlist reason, but you get it).

I’m not that used to EDOPro, I’m more into DuelingBook, but their tag duel system is still easier than Omega provides.