Separate chat tab for Tag/Singles/Ranked Duels

Having separate tabs not inside the same box? Yea, that’s not ever going to happen. All tabs are in the same box. That’s how it is in all games. You can’t simply drag a tab outside its box. Not only does that create more UI problems, but it’s just a bad idea.

I understand you want to basically read a card while typing a chat message, but I’ve already given the use case where you can do this already. I can already read a card in Omega and chat at the same time because of zooming to read the card effect.

Well of course. The anime style doesn’t contain card text as it is designed that way, so there’s nothing to copy from. If you want to copy the text to clipboard from the chat box - that is possible. You can highlight card text in the chat box and copy it already.

You cannot communicate with your tag partner in any ygopro without also communicating with your opponents. All chat messages are visible to everyone in the duel. You can only show/hide messages between spectators and duelists.

You’re again pointing out a use case where you can only read a card using the chat box and you need to chat at the same time. The entire premise behind YGO Omega was to learn to click+hold on a card to zoom and read it. That’s why we have automatic card generation so that you read the text on the card itself. We’ve had competitive players who played ygopro for 5+ years and have no problem with this. We’ve even had competitive players from Dueling Book who don’t use the chat box to read cards ever because they can simply zoom to read it like in real life when picking up a card.

Also note that the only time where you need to simultaneously read a card and also communicate with your opponent is during a manual duel. In a manual duel, you have no time limit. You can spend as much time as you want reading a card, going back to it, etc. Manual duels are not ranked.

Not failing to understand anything. First of all, you shouldn’t be playing with a random tag partner. Tag duels are done with partners that you know before the duel starts, so that the decks can be synergized. Second, ygopro used a whisper system because it didn’t have discord.

I have already told you in the above post how Discord works. I’ve already explained to you how whisper is not possible. I’ve already stated that Discord is required to play the game which means both you and your tag partner are already on discord. That means you can effectively simply talk to your tag partner on discord which serves the same purpose. We’ve hosted competitive tag team tournaments with 128 people and they all used Discord to communicate through voice chat.

Any characters you can’t type on discord - you can certainly not type on YGO Omega either. YGO Omega supports 13 languages already, that’s more than Genshin Impact does. If there are any characters beyond those languages - too bad.

Again, we’ve already had tag duel events and this was never an issue stated by anyone. If you do not know your tag partner’s deck, then that is your problem. It is important for both players in a team to know each other’s deck before the duel even starts. The time you are spending to read and learn what cards do - you could have saved by learning beforehand. This is analogous to a new player reading every card in real life resulting in slow play.