What exactly is Junior Format?
Junior is a modified Yugioh ruleset from 1999 that was quickly abandoned by Konami before being revived in a slightly modified form. The modern form of Junior has a few rules differences from normal Yugioh:
- Monsters of any level can be Normal Summoned/Set without tributes
- Each player can only activate one spell and one trap per turn (though you can activate one of each)
- Each player can only set 1 spell/trap per turn
- There is no first-turn draw
- There is no hand size limit
- Quick-Play spells are spell speed 1 (i.e., they function identically to Normal spells)
- Ignition Effect Priority does not exist
Other than that, Junior follows the normal rules, errata’s, and rulings of the time.
This is a Alt format I have been enjoying in paper for sometime now and would like to use Omega to introduce it to friends online and anyone else whos interested in playing this format.