This is my personal custom card creation tool that I’ve finally decided is decent enough to release (Fun Fact: This is also the 2nd time I rewrote the program from scratch since the first version in 2011).
The first thing to note is that this program is made for designing cards in the sense of the card’s stats and effects, it’s not used to create actual images. The intent is that you design the card here, then copy the text over to your card image creator of choice.
What WC3 does well is managing the card data, and text templating. With WC3 you can reuse card text that is shared by multiple cards (such as the text for piercing battle damage), and with a built in scripting language, you can even include variation in the reused text.
WC3’s scripting language is also used to write “Export Templates” which allows you output your card data as any text or SQLite based format. WC3 comes packaged with Export Templates for a simple text template, and a ygopro sqlite template.
WC3 also allows you to save your cards, templates, and text snippits in a JSON file that can the be shared and imported into WC3 by simply dragging and droping the .json file into the main editor.
Below is the download link for WC3. It includes the main program itself (wc3.jar), a user manual which details all the features of the program and includes a reference for the scripting language, along with 2 .json files. starter.json includes some text snippits that I commonly use, along with the example Export Templates, and I highly recommend using it. scarlet.json includes an example archetype built with WC3, providing examples of how the program is used in practice.
Note that since this program is built with Java, you will also need the Java 8 JRE to run the included jar file. I have included a link to the download page for the JRE, though note you will need to create an account on the website to download it.
Please feel free to leave any feedback, along with suggestions you might have or bugs you
might will find. This program is effectively still a beta version since I can only test so much on my own. I will do my best to fix any problems found with it. I also intend to release the source code once I write comments for everything (a bad habit of mine).