Trap 'Rainbow Life' doesn´t work with 'Agent of Creation - Venus'

1. Bug description
    When you summon the ‘mystical shine ball’ with Agent Venus you have to pay 500 Lifepoints.
    Rainbow Life should change Damage to your Lifepoints to gain that amount, but here it doesn’t work and still do damage.

2. Bug reproduction steps

Activate the Trap ‘Rainbow Life’ use the effect of ‘The Agent of Creation - Venus’ to summon multiple ‘Mystical shine Balls’. Look if the damage is converted or not.

3. Screenshot OR error code

4. Expected behavior
    The Lifepoint damage Costs for summoning the mystical shine balls should be converted to gain that amount of Lifepoints through rainbow life effect

Hello!

Thank you for making a bug report!

From the scenario you described Rainbow Life is working as intended. Rainbow life helps you by preventing Life point damage taken from the turn and changing it to life gain.

Venus and other cards that cause you to use life points for activation requirements, or cost, causes you to “pay life points”. Paying life points isn’t categorized as taking damage. You can see this in relation to a card like Guiding Ariadne. This card, when placed in the pendulum scale prevents you from having to pay life points for the activation of counter trap cards, such as Solemn Judgment and Solemn Strike.

If you have any other questions regarding this, please feel free to let us know so that we can further explain it, or ask for further information on the Duelist Unite Discord server in the #rulings channel so that we can further discuss this.

Once again, I want to thank you for making a bug report! If you find anything else you believe to be a bug, please feel free to make a report and we will look into that scenario for you.

Thank you for helping make Omega the best we can!

Ah ok I see.
Sorry I didn´t knew that “cost” is not handled as damage but thank you very much for the kind explanation.
If I´ll find a real bug I´ll try it again here :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.