Some Flower-cardian-Cards don't work

1. Bug description
    Hi… There are Cards in the Flower-Cardian Archetype like “Flower Cardian Willow with Calligrapher”, “Flower Cardian Pine with Crane”, “Flower Cardian Paulownia with Pheonix” and “Flower Cardian Zebra Grass with Moon” who share the effect of drawing the top card from your deck, reveal it and if its a Flower Cardian Monster special summon it onto the field regardless of it’s summoning requirements. That last part doesn’t work. It let’s me draw the card to the hand but not special summon it right away.

2. Bug reproduction steps

Play a Flower-Cardian Deck, Special summon one of the mentioned Cards and draw into another Flower-Cardian with their effect.

1. Screenshot OR error code
    have none, sorry

2. Expected behavior
    The Game should have let me reveal and special summon the drawn card right onto the field without the need of a tribute or other requirement.

Thanks for the help
Enjiro

uhm… is… the solution in progress? … don’t mean to annoy or hurry anyone though… ^^7

Hey there,

So I’ve checked the card effects of all Flower Cardian monsters. There is only 2 Flower Cardian cards that ignores Summoning conditions and they are “Flower Cardian Moonflowerviewing” and “Super All In!”:

Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can draw 1 card, and if you do, show it, then, if it is a "Flower Cardian" monster, you can Special Summon it, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and it can attack directly this turn. If you activated this effect, skip the Draw Phase of your next turn. When this card is used as Synchro Material, you can treat it and all other Synchro Materials (that have a Level) as Level 2 monsters.

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Super_All_In!

The other cards you stated have this in the following text:
If this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card, and if you do, show it, then you can Special Summon it if it is a "Flower Cardian" monster.

There is no bug. It’s working exactly as intended. Even if you draw a Flower Cardian with any of the above 4 monsters, you cannot ignore Summoning Conditions.

Hey :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

But I don’t think that’s the case.
And I am playing this Deck for years in real life even on official tournaments.
The Cards explicitly say that if I drew a Flower Cardian I can show it and special summon it. Otherwise the Card would just say “add it to your hand” (as other cards of the achetype do) because exept Flower Cardian Pine I would be able to special summon them regardless due to fullfilling their own effects.
But Other than those cards that just add the flower cardian to my hand (like Cherry Blossom with Curtain), who are quite easy to bring out, the 4 mentioned ones need way more specific setup, the specific card they are based on to be exactly to get out and therefore have the higher payoff of letting me special summon the card I drew, and I think that that is what they intended to do because the whole archetype is about summoning ansd gathering the cardians on the field.

Uhm…Hi? ^^'7

It doesn’t matter if you’ve been playing this deck in real life or official tournaments. The text of the cards doesn’t lie. There isn’t a mistake. This is how the cards work.

Summoning conditions are not just ignored like this. I will re-state what I said before. The cards, "Flower Cardian Willow with Calligrapher”, “Flower Cardian Pine with Crane”, “Flower Cardian Paulownia with Pheonix” and “Flower Cardian Zebra Grass with Moon” do NOT Ignore Summoning Conditions.

The cards literally state: If this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card, and if you do, show it, then you can Special Summon it if it is a "Flower Cardian" monster..

As the card states, if you draw a “Flower Cardian” monster, you can Special Summon it, if able. It does not ignore Summoning Conditions. When you see this text on the “Flower Cardian” monster you draw: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing .

This directly states that it Must be First Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing a Flower Cardian monster. It does not matter if you draw it. Only if you drew the card with Moonflowering, are the Summoning Conditions ignored.

If you still don’t agree, here is the official ruling from the Konami database. This supersedes anything your local judge says. You are free to show this to your judge and ask as well.

1. Card Database
  2. Card Database

Ok… by that disection and KONAMI also having ruled it, then me and the local OTS-Judges here must admit to just have gotten it wrong and simply made a mistake (At the end of the day we are also just human and such things happen) and that this Deck maybe isn’t that much a shining underdog :weary: :pensive: .
But thank you for solving the case pal, so we’ll know it better now.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.