Performapal Trump Girl Failed fusions

1. Bug description
    Failed to summon Brave-eye Dragon using her effect. Had this issue on a older version of YGO no one seems to fix it.

2. Bug reproduction steps
    Get on field Iris magician / Odd-eyes pendulum dragon, Performapal Trump Girl and Performapal Dag Dagger man and try to use effect. to summon Brave Eyes. an additional test is with Trump witch in pen zone. Had issues before.

3. Screenshot OR error code

4. Expected behavior
    Should fusion summon.

Hello!

Thank you for making a bug report!

It is helpful to have a replay in bug reports as it allows us to see the game state in which this scenario occurred.

However, in this case, I can tell that this is working as intended.

Performapal Trump Girl only has a monster effect, which means that it must be used on the field as a monster, and cannot be used when in the pendulum scale.
The effect also reads: “You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card.”

The fusion materials for Brave-eyes Dragon are " 1 “Pendulum Dragon” monster + 1 Warrior-Type monster"

Since you are required to use Trump Girl as a material for the fusion summon, you are not legally able to fusion summon Brave-eyes dragon, as she is not a warrior-type monster.

If you want to fusion summon using Trump Girl, you might want to consider using “Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon” as the target. Or if you want to use those materials to summon Brave-eyes, you might want to consider using “Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver” as it allows you to use any material from Hand or field while in the pendulum scale, or using any material on the field or pendulum scale while on the field as a monster.

I will be marking this as the solution and the topic will close in the 24 hours after the last message is posted.
If you have any other scenarios you’d like the team to investigate, please open up a new topic and include a replay code.

Thank you for helping to make Omega the best it can be!

There seems to be a miscommunication my field was Odd-eyes pendulum dragon, Performapal Trump Girl and Performapal Dag Dagger man. I want to activate her effect to fuse the odd-eyes and Dag Dagger to make the brave and it did not work. her effect states " [hide]

“Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card.”
So Odd-eyes + Dag dagger = Brave-eyes.

You are missing the last statement of the effect. You are required to summon a monster that uses her as material. That is not an option, it is required.

The effect requires Trump Girl to be a material. Brave-eyes only allows for 2 materials, an Odd-eyes monster and a warrior monster. Trump girl cannot be used for either of these materials. As such it is not legal to summon Brave-eyes with Trump Girl’s effect.

Comparing it to how you put it:
Odd-eyes + Dag Dagger + Trump girl =/= Brave-eyes

Rune-eyes is a legal target since Trump girl is a spellcaster type monster and can fulfill that requirement.

Yeah i though about that and i think it would be worded different. some thing along the lines of
“You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using this card and monsters you control as Fusion Materials.”

I think the “, including this card” is just there to highlight this as a option for fusion material. Because if i remember my yugioh grammar a comma does not denote a requirement i though thats what colons and semis are for.

As a judge, I am happy to explain this to you.

The grammar for how an effect is typically written (Because TCG never keeps consistency):
“Activation Requriements”: “Costs”; “effect”, “conjunctions”, “stipulations”.

The activation requirement, is that you haven’t already activated that Trump Girl before in the turn, there is no cost to pay, and the effect is to fusion summon 1 fusion monster using monsters you control as materials, while also using this Trump Girl.

It is written as “weirdly” as it is for a number of reasons, none of which are super important, however, the effect still has to resolve as written. You have to control that monster on the field in order to activate the effect, and you must use that card on the field as one of the materials.

Comparing this to the card I mentioned prior: Performapal Odd-eyes Dissolver, it’s card text reads: “During your Main Phase: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using this card you control as Fusion Material, as well as other monsters you control or cards in your Pendulum Zones.”
It has the stipulation being that you must use it as one of the materials, but written differently than Trump girl. Why? No one knows. I repeat, the TCG is inconsistent in their translations, but it is functionally the same as Trump Girl. This card states “This card and other monsters or scales”, while Trump girl says “Monsters you control, and this card”. Same thing, different wording.

The signal of “optional” text is “You can” or an “Or”. Dissolver doesn’t HAVE to use scales and monsters on the field, but it can.

Something like Quintet Magician where you need 5 spellcasters is summonable by both monsters, Trump Girl and Dissolver. But Trump Girl would require 4 other spellcaster monsters on the field, where as Dissolver would let you use 2 spellcasters in the scales as well as 2 other spellcasters on the field.

Ok so it’s the inconsistent translations that have lead to this. Thank you for taking to time to give me a more than need explanation.

Now if you don’t mind i am gonna rage in a corner with my deck as i have to configure it again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.