"Knightmare Unicorn" doesn't treat as link 3 monster when use him as link 4 material

1. Bug description
    Wanted to use "Knightmare Unicorn", "Linkuribou", and "Herlad of the orange light" as material to summon "Borrelsword". The screen to select the monsters as material works (means that I can summon "Borrelsword"), but it doesn't treat "Knightmare Unicorn" as a link 3 monster and it ask me to use 1 more monster as material for no reason.

2. Bug reproduction steps

Try to summon "Borrelsword" while having 4 monsters on the field, 1 of them is "Knightmare Unicron" and try to use 3 material for the summon including the "Knightmare Unicron".

3. Screenshot OR error code

4. Expected behavior
    I should be able to summon "Borrelsword with 3 materials if I use "knightmare Unicorn" as 1 of the material but instead it asks me to use 1 more additional monster" .

5. What OS are you using
    Windows-10

This is not a bug, but rather a problem of the materials you picked to summon Borrelsword Dragon.

While it’s true Knightmare Unicorn can be treated as either 1 or 3 materials for a Link Summon and Borrelsword requires “3 or more Effect Monsters” :

You can only use a Link Monster as 1 material, or its Link Rating worth of materials (3 in the case of Unicorn), while also respecting any other requirement, and matching exactly the Link Rating of the monster you intend on summoning.

In your particular case you must have : 3 or more Effect Monsters, while also matching Borrelsword’s rating of 4.
Long story short : You cannot use a Link-3 as 3 materials for Borrelsword and respect Borrelsword summon requirement of 3+ Effect Monsters. In your particular scenario, Unicorn + Linkuriboh + Orange Light can only make a Link-3 or a Link-5. You would have to add a fourth monster, and treat Unicorn as 1 material.

If this explanation isn’t clear, feel free to ask for clarification.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.