Hello World!

What brings you here?
I’ve always appreciated good, interactive dueling communities. I’ve been a member of the community for around a year, and I can say this this is the best of the best. I’d like to continue to get better as a duelist and potential deck builder, and just have fun.

When was the last time you played Yu-Gi-Oh? Are you a new or returning player? I’ve been playing YGO since it’s USA release in 2002. My childhood friend introduced me to the game (rest in peace), and I’ve been hooked onto it ever since.

I’ve taken numerous on/off breaks (don’t we all?), however I’ve always paid attention to the state and flow of the game. While it looks like a dangerous foreign machine from afar, the game has reached a level of flexible interaction which has never been possible before. There are dozens of different plays and combinations which haven’t even been considered yet. That’s what I love most about this game.

What type of decks do you play?
When I started to take the game more seriously, another friend of mine introduced me to the HERO archetype. That was in 2008, and I’ve been using them ever since. I’ve run many different decks with a HERO engine due to it’s versatility.

Right now I’m fine tuning a Harpie Control deck. I’d love to have different decks with abstract setups.

What do you like to do for fun?
I play basketball, and video games. I love to be in nature and enjoy hiking up mountains. I’ve also taken a recent interest in writing and am building the foundations of a complex Fanfiction.

Where do you live?
I was born and raised in Queens, New York. Right now I’m upstate at SUNY Albany studying Psychology.

Do you have any favorite shows or animes?
Besides YGO, I’ve watched anime classics such as Naruto, Dragon Ball, Akira, and Evangelion. I just finished Psycho-Pass, and am looking for more suggestions.

1 Like