Formula Synchron

1. Bug description
    [When Formula Synchron was summoned with the effect of Halqifibrax, sometimes I can draw 1 sometimes I cannot. I get the prompt if I want to activate the effect of Formula Synchron and if I press yes, it goes straight to the second effect and forces me to synchro summon using Formula Synchron ]

2. Bug reproduction steps

[Have Halqifibrax and lvl 8 synchro monster on the field and pass the turn. During opponents main phase 1, activate Halqifibrax to synchro summon Formula Synchron]

Spoiler

your replay code

3. Screenshot OR error code

4. Expected behavior
    [I should have been able to draw a card since halqifibrax effect counts as synchro summon. I think this bug happens when I chain link halqifibrax to another effect (any)]

Hello!

Thank you for making a bug report! TLDR At end

As you’ve described it, this is working as intended. The first point I’d like to show is that Formula Synchron is a “When” effect. “When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can draw 1 card.”

The second is that you have pointed out that you are noticing this when you chain Halq to summon Formula Synchron.

This is because of the When effect. When effect triggers must have their effects be the last event happen in order to activate in an open game state. This means that Summoning a monster with a when effect during an open game state, or summoning it via a card effect at Chain link 1, is the only way to be able to get the When effect to trigger.

So if you have your opponent Imperm the Halq, and then you chain halq to summon Formula Synchron, the summon happens at chain link 2’s resolution, and formula synchron cannot activate because you are currently still resolving a chain. Then imperm attempts to negate, and then you reach a game state where you can activate effects.

If Formula Synchron was written “If this card is Synchro summoned”, then you would be able to activate the effect, no matter what chain link it was summoned at.

You can notice the prompts are different after the chains resolve between Halq at Chain link 1 compared to Halq Chain link 2 or later. If Halq is Chain link 1, the prompt will be similar to the effect of “Formula Synchron was summoned, activate Formula Synchron?”, while if it is a later chain link, the prompt will be “-Something happened-, Would you like to activate any card effects?”. This is because the trigger effect must activate first before you can activate any other quick effects, and thus it specifically prompts you for it. The other prompt is the generic fast effect prompt to see if you want to activate any quick effects.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to the #Rulings channel on the Duelist Unite discord server. And if you have any other interactions you believe to be bugs, feel free to open up another bug report and we will investigate the scenario.

Once again, thank you for helping to make Omega be the best that it can be!

(TLDR: Its because formula is a when effect, this is working as it should. You must use Halq as Chain link 1 to get the effect)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.