Can't reinstall yugioh Omega, says I already have it, when I don't

1. Bug description
    I’ve uninstalled Omega, and searched for it on my hard drive, and deleted every file pertaining to it. Even so, when I launch the installer, it says “A more recent version of YGO Omega is already installed on this computer.” so I can’t play Omega at all now.

2. Bug reproduction steps

3. Delete Omega and everything pertaining to it from your PC.

4. Try to install Omega.

5. Screenshot OR error code

6. Expected behavior
    I should have been able to install Omega.

7. What OS are you using
    Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for making a bug report.

It is highly inadvisable to delete installed application from windows. You should always go and use the uninstaller program as you will run into these exact issues.

To top that off, uninstalling is almost never the solution to fixing anything related to the game.

I believe the solution to this is to manually download the Omega_Updater file from this location: https://github.com/duelists-unite/omega-releases/releases/download/Latest/Omega_Launcher-Windows.zip.

Unzip it and Run it where you wish Omega to be restored to and you should be good.

If you need more help, feel free to reach out to the Omega_support channel in the Duelist Unite Discord.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.