Ash negs Shaddol fusion with meltdown on field

1. Bug description
    [the eff of ash blossom to negate shaddoll fusion worked with meltdown on field.]

2. Bug reproduction steps

[my oponent activate shadoll fusion with magical meltdown on filed i activated ash (i forget it the meltdown was on field) the negate eff worked and the shaddoll fusion didint was able to fusion using shaddoll monster from deck]

Spoiler

your replay code

3. Screenshot OR error code

4. Expected behavior
    [the ash blossom shouldnt be able to negate]

5. What OS are you using
    [`Windows-10]

Hello,

Thank you for making a bug report.

Based on what you have told me, I have determined that this is working as expected.

Magical Meltdown does not prevent you from negating the effect of a card that would perform a fusion summon. Magical Meltdown prevents you from negating the Activations of (cards that would perform a fusion summon) and Activations of (effects of cards that would perform a fusion summon). Ash does not negate the activation of the card or activation of the effect, and thus is allowed to stop the Shaddoll fusion from resolving.

An interaction in which WOULD work the way you are expecting is Shaddoll Schism and Ghost Belle & Haunted Mansion. Schism banishes cards from the graveyard apart of its effect in order to perform the Fusion summon. Belle can be activated to attempt to negate the activation of the schism. With Meltdown on the field, the Belle will not successfully negate the Schism and the schism will still successfully resolve.

If you have any other questions about this interaction, please reach out to the judge team in the #rulings channel of the Duelist Unite discord.

If you have any other interactions you’d want us to look into, please feel free to open up another bug report and supply a replay code so that we can evaluate the situation.

Once again, thank you for helping to make Omega be the best it can be!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.